Most users are not aware of the main differences between VPS hosting and Cloud hosting. Hence, they are unable to decide which plan they should run their application on. In this article, we are going to answer whether VPS Hosting VS Cloud Hosting is the better choice. This, in turn, will help you to understand the exact differences between the two so you can choose the right one as per your business requirements.
VPS Hosting is Virtual Private Server hosting. A dedicated server is divided into multiple virtual servers or slices.
Benefits of VPS Hosting:
- You will have access to server root and you can manage it as per your requirements, you can install the required software on the server.
- The VPS is not dependent on others. You have your own server resources and you are isolated from other servers.
- You will be the only user who will have server access, hence all your files are private and inaccessible to other clients.
Cloud hosting allows simultaneous allocation of equal resources on the cloud server in the cluster.
Benefits of Cloud Hosting:
- Cloud hosting is more reliable because your website is hosted on a virtual partition that takes advantage of multiple physical networks.
- You have to pay for the used resources only.
Which one you should choose?
VPS is generally less efficient as it has a specific amount of allocated resources. If your requirements increase and the system is not able to handle the extra strain this might result in a system crash. Obviously, this will cause downtime as well as you may lose data.
In the case of Cloud hosting, the website is hosted on a pool of unified computing resources i.e if one server is reaching its maximum level, then a second server is ready to add additional resources. Thus, if a server fails, the website will still be running as other servers will continue to serve the incoming traffic.
If you want reliability and powerful functionality, then Cloud hosting is a great choice. VPS is for those who just want to host their sites, there will be no uptime guarantee in case of high traffic or any server technical glitch.